Friday, May 20, 2016

Why I Quit My Job and Working From Home Making Money Online As Data Entry

I work as a retail sales associate. It's the only thing I know how to be, since I started when I was a teen. As most people know, retail hours are extremely taxing, and I'm not getting any younger, so lately I've been cutting back my hours and trying to rest at home whenever possible.

But less work means less income, and it's starting to take a toll on my bank account. My boss suggested putting me back on the schedule more, but just the thought of standing up for hours on end, more than 3 days a week, makes my back want to ache even further.

I started thinking about alternatives. After all, I've been in the retail line for more than 10 years now, and I found myself constantly envying the people decked in office attire looking busy and important. I wanted to be able to sit down all day and go home at dinner time. Working retail often led me to shifts that ended at ungodly hours, and usually by then I'd be too tired to eat or socialize with friends and family. If anyone's still awake to socialize with, that is.

Too bad I don't have any qualifications to work a desk job, I always thought to myself. I wouldn't mind a fixed schedule that allowed me to hang out with people I cared about on weekends! However, I convinced myself it was a futile dream as I felt that I was too old to start going for courses that could help me land a desk job. And then I stumbled upon Data Dollars Pro when I was looking online for alternative options to complement my measly retail salary.

My only regret is that I didn't discover it sooner! It opened up a whole new world of opportunities that I never knew was available to me. The words "data entry" weren't even in my dictionary before this book came along. After reading through the first few chapters, I was hooked. I knew that this was what I'd been searching for.



Doing data entry from home allowed me to rest at home without being on my feet for hours. I didn't need to handle difficult customers, count piles of loose change repeatedly, or deal with my coworkers' endless chattering. I just wake up, have some lunch, plop myself in front of the computer, and type away.

At first I was apprehensive as I didn't have much experience with computers and typing. I figured data entry would require lots of fast typing and technology expertise. But the book taught me all that! I didn't really need much to get started, actually. The book even details how to set up a good online profile that would stand out to clients, and it even has lessons and practices on how to improve my typing speed. I've gone from a mere 50 words per minute to 65 now! And I'm aiming to go even higher.

And of course, if retail jobs cause my back and feet to ache, I figured typing jobs would cause my neck and hands to ache as well, due to the sitting position. Which is why I love the fact that the book also provides tips on preventing those aches from setting in! It even covers finger exercises so that you don't develop carpal tunnel syndrome.

I wanted to still keep my retail job as I could do this part-time, but after a while of doing data entry and transcribing work, I've decided to go into this full-time. It's pretty lucrative if you know where to look, and Data Dollars Pro really does tell me exactly where and HOW to look. I've never had this much job satisfaction in my life, as I now have time and energy to do whatever I want without any restrictions. My backaches are gone because I can get up for a good stretch any time I want, and my purse strings are much looser than when I was stuck in that tiring retail job. I don't even envy those office ladies who have to stick to a 9-to-5 schedule anymore—I'm never going back to a conventional job ever again!



No comments:

Post a Comment